Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Food for the Soul. . . .

Hidden behind some tall hedges in Santa Barbara is a place I go to find gentleness, space to listen to the voices of my heart and breathe in peace. With my best friend, we languish over breakfast under a gazebo within this secret garden, sit by a crackling warm fireplace to keep warm and talk about our dreams.  This time serves not as a luxury for me, but necessary moments of tranquility that fill up my heart and spirit, so I can return to do the work I so passionately love with those that mean the most to me . .  . my family, my friends and the young people of the LGBT community.

What are you doing to take care of yourself, so that you can be the best spouse, parent, son/daughter, sister/brother, employee, friend or member of the community?  Simpson House is where I replenish my soul.  Where do you replenish yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment