Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Love You With All My Heart

My husband and I have been married for over 40 years and have lived in California even longer. We have a transgender son who is getting ready to marry his best friend, Mary, on Nov. 8. So when the Supreme Court overturned DOMA and Prop 8, it didn't affect us in the same way that it affected many of our lesbian and gay friends, but we celebrated along with everyone, because we are part of the LGBT community, and they are a part of us.

I heard stories from parents who attend our PFLAG chapter. They called their sons or daughters to share in this historic decision. One mom and dad even planned to visit their gay son regardless of the outcome of the ruling. If the decision was positive, they wanted to look their son in the eye and share in the hope that became part of the day. If the decision was not positive, they wanted to be there to console their son, so that hope would not be lost. There was such an outpouring of love, joy and gratitude. My heart was filled with warmth for days. . . .Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment