Friday, April 18, 2014

Working for the Greatest Good

Last month I returned to Washington State to attend the 92nd Annual Seattle JACL banquet.   One year after first meeting the leaders of the Seattle area, who were interested in bringing greater support to Asian Pacific Islander lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender families, I came back for two reasons. One was to accept an award from Seattle JACL, a Special Civil Rights Award, and the other to meet with JACL leaders, who wanted to grow our visibility in the Seattle area for API LGBT families. Both reasons were close to my heart, so I was excited to come back to the Pacific Northwest.
I brought back with me my husband, my son, Aiden and his new wife, Mary. I wanted them to be there to see me receive my award, but more importantly...Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment